We are happy to be in Denver for CEDIA13, and we hope to see you at our booth. If you are looking for something fun or interesting to do while you are here, we hope this list can help to point you into the right direction. Enjoy!
[PHOTO: Extended exposure of Neon lights on the north-east Corner above the Blue Moon Brewery, via Wikipedia]
- Electronic House took a look at things they hope to see at CEDIA Expo.
- CEDIA examined what can be learn from CEDIA Expo.
- Most importantly, here is a list of CEDIA-related parties.
Non-Related, though interesting or potentially entertaining events to consider:
- [Wednesday night] The Ultimate Willy Wonka Party will be going down at the Alamo, where they will celebrate the weirdness of the classic film.
- [Thursday day] Civic Center Eats Food Truck Party.
- [Thursday night] DJ Shadow will perform at the Gothic Theater.
- [Friday night] Tammy Pescatelli will perform preform at the Denver Standup Comedy Club.
Food and drink close to the event:
- The Yard House boasts a million beers (though not many of the greats from Maine, but we digress…) We also had some pretty great burgers for lunch here.
- Katie Mullen’s Irish Restaurant and Pub has some great beers on tap and they make exceedingly filling burgers.
- The 16th Street Mall is about a block away from the center, the food and drink options at which are plentiful.
- Here is a list of quick, quick and easy eats from immediately around the convention center via Yelp.
Food and drink a little bit down the road:
- Il Posto offers a great, quiet and beautifully cooked Italian dinner and they are down on 17th Street. The stuffed calamari was great and the Risotto was both tasty and filling. The red sangria is also hearty and worth getting lightheaded over for the walk back to your hotel.
- The Thin Man is right net door to Il Posto, and there you can get tasty drinks on both the beer and booze front.
- 17th Street, generally: If you walk up 17th Street, heading away from the conference center toward the aforementioned restaurants, there is at least one bar and one restaurant on every block, if not more. On the way up we saw Mexican, burgers, shakes, a dessert place, a few places with folks playing music, a trivia night hosted by a drag queen and populated by a bunch of folks in fairy wings, and everything in between. So if you are looking for quirky options, it might be worth your while to take a stroll.
And of course, we hope you will visit us at CEDIA Expo booth #2921. Enjoy yourselves in Denver!
[DID YOU KNOW: Everybody’s favorite “last dinosaur,” Denver (pictured above), lived in LA but was named after the city of Denver? Because obviously.]